As a person you are passionate about people, business, IKEA’s purpose and continuously driving better performance. You are energized by increasing customer value, driving business growth and contributing to overall success and results through people. You inspire individuals and teams to accomplish organizational goals.
For this role we believe you have a university degree in a relevant field (e.g., Biology, Ecology, Forest ecology, Environmental Sciences, Sociology), minimum 6 years of experience in conservation biology, nature conservation, social and environmental impact assessment, ESG reporting or R&D (Research and Development).
In addition, you have experience as a leader in large international structures, strong ability to prioritize, provide clear directions and multitask as well as the ability to communicate confidently and clearly in English. You get inspired by both working together as well as independently and you are motivated by leading through co-creation with colleagues and other Ingka units.
You are a good communicator, you take initiative and have a high drive and motivation with a positive attitude, you are curious and open for a continuously changing environment with many different stakeholders and demands. You take ownership of your deliverables. You are a strategic, tactical and operational business partner, with strong analytical skills who can translate business needs into concrete consequences and solutions.
About the job
Ingka Investments manages the liquidity of Ingka Group. Our aim is to position Ingka Group as a unique, responsible, and trusted investor. We invest for the overall value creation of the group for the long-term, while striving to deliver a strong performance every day. With a professional team and investment process, we secure the group’s financial strength for generations to come, we support future growth, and we contribute to the development of IKEA Retail and Ingka Centres.
The Forestland Portfolio Sustainability Leader leads the sustainability agenda of the forestland portfolio to ensure delivery on environmental and social objectives with focus on maximizing forest ecosystem services, through collaborating cross-functionally with identified stakeholders.
More specifically, this means you will:
- Develop and lead the Sustainability agenda/strategy for the forestland portfolio, in line with Ingka’s Sustainability strategy.
- Identify, create and implement a monitoring framework for ESG (Environmental Social and Governance) reporting with focus on biodiversity and social impact of the forestland portfolio.
- Coordinates stakeholders mapping and their management to secure their appropriate engagement.
- Co-ordinates external partners and services to collect, interpret and report relevant data and parameters.
- Set targets and develop action plans to achieve the agreed performance on biodiversity conservation, social impact, and other ESG parameters required by applicable legislation and/or Ingka Group.
- Act as ambassador internally and externally for the sustainability agenda for the forestland portfolio to ensure cross functional alignment and cooperation.
- Collect, compile and interpret the results of the impact assessment on biodiversity, social impact and other effects of different ecosystem services.
- Analise and provide the scientific background for setting sustainability objectives, allocation of resources and set relevant KPIs.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to assess opportunities for partnerships and innovations on our sustainability agenda.
The Ingka Group is a world leader in the home furnishing business. We are a strategic partner and the largest franchisee of the IKEA franchisee system, owning and operating 400 IKEA stores and digital touchpoints in 32 markets. The Ingka Group is a values-driven company with a passion for life at home and a vision to create a better everyday life for the many people.
We are Ingka Investments, one of the three core businesses of Ingka Group, next to IKEA Retail and Ingka Centres. We invest to generate lasting financial returns, and to make a positive impact on our retail business and sustainability goals. With an investment scope stretching from start-ups to solar parks, and from financial assets to forests, our roles range from investment managers to digital specialists, and from business navigators to forest rangers. What connects us is the IKEA vision, our passion for entrepreneurship and a love for our planet. We have diversified our investments through six portfolios along investment type. Each investment type has its own general set of features with regards to for example returns, risks and investment horizons, and they behave differently over time.
The Forestland Investments portfolio has a focus on responsible forestland ownership that preserves and increases the forest quality for generations to come. Our responsible management includes afforestation projects which supports absorption in global CO2 emission. The Forestland Portfolio is one of the 6 portfolios within Ingka Investments, represented in the Baltic Countries, Romania, USA and in New Zealand. We have over 140+ enthusiastic co-workers within our Portfolio reaching almost 250,000 ha forestland.
We look forward to receiving your application!
The ideal candidate will be based in Romania and will report to Forestland Portfolio Business Risk & Compliance Manager.
So, if you recognize yourself in the above description please send us your CV and your cover letter, written in English, by October 10th, 2023 at email@example.com.