Ingka Investments’ mission is to lead with purposeful investments, enabling Ingka Group’s longterm growth and financial strength. Ingka Investments is one of the three businesses within Ingka Group, together with IKEA Retail and Ingka Centers. We want to position Ingka Group as a unique, responsible and trusted investor. We act as a strategic partner to IKEA Retail and Ingka Centres by securing financial strength for future growth and by making investments that contribute to making Ingka Group the world’s leading multichannel home furnishing retailer and to achieving its People & Planet Positive strategy.
IRI FOREST MANAGEMENT SRL, part of Ingka Group, is a company that manages the forest portfolio that Ingka Group owns in Romania. The main goal of the company envisage responsible forest management focused on people and environment.
As an Accounting and Reporting Team Leader you will secure that accounting and tax activities are carried out according to the current laws and internal guidelines in the most efficient way, have the opportunity to develop in an international environment, to communicate with different partners from inside and outside Ingka Group, to learn from colleagues arround the world and, in the same time to share your experience with others.
You will also contribute to the growth of the business and its profitability on a long term through accounting and reporting responsibilities according to the IRI Forest Management Strategy.
Would you like to join us?
Here is what we expect you to do….
- Lead, coach and develop the team of accountants in its market that will strongly contribute to reach the objectives and goals in Ingka Investments
- Lead and develop the function in respect of both people and competences; identify and develop talents and ensure succession planning
- Accountable for a robust internal control set up and reporting to minimize financial risk. Review, reconcile and analyse accounts and transactions in the general ledger.
- Responsible for the execution of all Finance processes, procedures, and yearly activities in an efficient and timely manner, in the spirit of continuous improvement
- Responsible for the preparation and quality of statutory financial statements and supporting schedules
- Responsible for the preparation and quality of group reporting with the actuals figures according to the internal schedule
- Responsible for the accounting and internal invoice administration and financial accounting for the area of responsibility
- Responsible for the execution of internal and external audits.
…. with the knowledge and capabilities we expect you to have
- Expert knowledge of (High professional level; can share and teach others): Accounting, finance and tax principles;
- University degree within finance or accounting.
- +5 years of relevant experience (e.g.: audit firm, accounting firm, or in house accounting or tax department)
- Proven record of strong and successful leadership
- Forestry knowledge is a plus
- Driving license B category is a plus
- High level of integrity and maturity; good judgment and ability to make sound and common-sense decisions.
- Strong ability to prioritise and provide clear directions
- Solid understanding of local tax regulations and frameworks
- Strong verbal and written communication in English.
So, if you recognize yourself in the above description and if you have a flexible, hands-on and pro-active approach and drive to get the job done.
Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted.