Ingka Investments is the investment arm of Ingka Group. The IKEA vision guides us as we lead home furnishing retail into the future. To secure Ingka Group’s long-term growth and financial strength, we make responsible investments in people and businesses that make a positive difference to people and planet. Aside the Retail investments, until now we have two Investments portfolios in Romania: Forestland and Renewable Energy.
As a Financial Controller in Ingka Investments Romania, you will have the opportunity:
– to act as a bridge between the accounting team and the business:
• ensuring high professional standards and compliance with Ingka Financial policies and manuals and internal control;
• providing accurate, relevant and user-friendly business information
– to analyse business information and identify business opportunities.
– to develop yourself in an international working environment, communicate with different Stakeholders, from local and Ingka Group Level.
– to learn from colleagues around the world and, at the same time, to share your experience with others.
– to contribute to the business growth and long-term profitability of Ingka Group.
Would you like to join us?
Here is what we expect you to do….
• Responsible for production and accuracy of user-friendly business information, to allow for performance monitoring of business activities in the markets or in the central organization (e.g.: Goals, bi-monthly reports, forecast, allocation keys, but also valuation, sensitivity analysis or risk analysis).
• Responsible for explaining and validating the numbers, reconciling reports with relevant source of information, and performing the variance analysis.
• Responsible for the review/approval process of operational invoices.
• Responsible for application of Ingka Finance manual, coming from Group Business Navigation & Finance, and/or Finance routines coming from Ingka Investments Business Navigation & Finance, in the spirit of compliance, effective control and value protection.
• Promote well-functioning governance and compliance framework in the organization in respect of the IKEA Code of Conduct, laws, and steering documents.
• Strengthen the IKEA brand and protect people and assets, through developing and maintaining a risk aware culture and contribute to the compliance monitoring activities.
• Promote effective and cost-conscious ways of working, identifying growth and cost potentials through benchmarking, striving for constant improvements.
…. with the knowledge and capabilities, we expect you to have…
• Ability to be a strategic, tactical and operational business partner, with strong analytical skills
• To be an expert knowledge of (High professional level; can share and teach others): Reporting, Controlling and basic Accounting knowledge
• Good knowledge of (Sound understanding and practice): Corporate Finance (Valuation, NPV, IRR)
• Energized by contributing to overall success and results through collaboration and excellent knowledge and expertise
• Inspired by working together in in an ever-changing complex environment
• High level of integrity and maturity; good judgment and ability to make sound and common-sense decisions
• Ability to network, build and maintain a system of strategic business connections, both internal and external
• Good communication skills with ability to express ideas and opinions in both writing and spoken conversations, in English as well as local language
• Understanding of Corporate Finance, Asset management and valuation concepts
• Proficiency in IT tools and systems supporting accounting and consolidation
• Proficiency in MS Office (Excel: VLOOKUP and pivot tables), preferred experience with accounting/reporting systems.
So, if you recognize yourself in the above description and if you have University degree in Accounting / Finance / Economics or related fields, and at least 3 years of experience with management reporting, controlling, and/or experience with accounting (e.g.: Audit, account payables, reporting, consolidation), if you have the ability to quickly gain and apply knowledge of the local market, business and if you have a flexible, hands-on and pro-active approach and drive to get the job done, we are curious to meet you, so please send your cover letter and your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted.